Service Desk Student Computer Lab Assistant -Part Time
Job no: 505936
Position type: Interim
Location: New York
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Service Desk Student Computer Lab Assistant will:
- Support students, faculty and staff desktop computer users with a strong commitment to high-quality customer service and solid work ethic
- Respond to customer inquiries through phone, email and local site visits, creating trouble tickets and resolving problems
- Work with service desk team shares responsibility for user training, desktop imaging and deployment, and maintaining internal documentation and the Service Desk portal, with each accountable for specific tasks and deliverables.
- Understanding of Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS X operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to expertly communicate by phone and in person.
- Experience supporting desktops, laptops, printers, smart-phones and scanners.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as Google Docs, Gmail and other Google Apps.
- Troubleshoot mobile device email sync issues.
- Provide basic user training on common tools and applications as needed.
- Follow policies and procedures related to how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed and corrected.
- Assist in monitoring IT assets and supplies.
- Work collaboratively with employees within other IT groups to resolve customer issues.
- Extensive diagnostic skills in desktop application, hardware, network and printer issues.
- Education: 2 years of College or equivalent in education and experience
Minimum 1 year supporting PC's and Mac's and maintaining hardware and software in a networked environment.
- Resolve level I tickets
- Ability to triage incoming calls
- Ability to resolve support tickets within time-frames identified by IT service level agreements.
- Proficient in 3 out of 8 following skills with a minimum of 1 year experience in each.
- Technology call center.
- Moodle support.
- STATA, SPSS, SAS, M+, MatLab or other statistical software
- Support knowledge of Apple computers and mobile devices.
- Use of ServiceNow ticketing software.
- Network printer troubleshooting experience.
- Higher Education technology support.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend