Temporary Custodian II
Job no: 506086
Position type: Temporary
Location: New York
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades
The Facilities Department at Teacher's College seeks a Custodian to work FT on a temporary basis to work in academic and residential environments. The successful candidate for this position will implement moving requisitions and exercise a high level of cleaning standard in academic buildings and residential buildings as required. Perform various tasks related to cleaning and maintenance to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the job site. Work indoors and outdoors. Courteously interact with students, staff, and faculty to promote excellent customer service relationship.
Custodian II will work in academic and residential environments. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean ash trays and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds. Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, mathematics, organizing and innovation
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
- Handle recycling materials.
- Call in work orders.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- PHYSICAL EFFORT: Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects. Requires strenuous physical work, heavy lifting, and/or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds on a regular basis with efficiency; physical mobility (stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting, stretching , reaching), and vision and hearing acuity appropriate to the efficient and effective reception of oral and written instructions and communication and completion of tasks.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend