FWS: Enrollment Marketing and Communications
Job no: 511734
Position type: Federal Work Study
Location: New York
- Assist the Office of Enrollment Marketing and Communications in the development of marketing-related projects, including print and digital advertisements, social media content, and web assets
- Collaborate with the office staff to produce creative content from a student perspective and, as needed, working with student volunteers to generate content
- Assist in selecting and organizing photos and video for various projects
- Assist in tasks such as data entry into spreadsheets and file organization
- Update website and assist with auditing content for needed updates
- Collaborate on market research and user testing
- Liaise with vendors as needed
- Brainstorm and share ideas for additional creative projects
- Other tasks as assigned
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Office of Enrollment Marketing and Communications within Enrollment Management is looking for a Federal Work Study employee, who must be eligible for FWS funding (approved via the Teachers College Office of Financial Aid).
The Work Study - Enrollment Marketing and Communications will have responsibilities including performing academically relevant (when possible) basic level administrative tasks and contributing to special projects under the direction of their supervisor.
*Only U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens are eligible for this position.
This position is not eligible for tuition credits.
Documents required for consideration
*Applications with missing documents will not be considered*
Student work schedules are based upon the needs of the department and the student’s academic schedule. Students should discuss their schedule with the hiring manager/supervisor during the interview process. Hiring managers/supervisors will make every attempt to accommodate students’ needs.
During the academic year students may not hold appointments or any combination of appointments totaling more than 27 hours per week.
Student Learning Outcomes - Student employees will have the opportunity to develop and/or build on the following competencies while working in this position
- Career and Self-Development
- Critical Thinking
- Technology (Software or equipment)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Must have been awarded federal work-study for the term in which a work-study position is being sought
- Must be a TC student currently enrolled in a degree program and taking at least 5 credits
Must be able to abide by Teachers College academic and personnel policies and guidelines, including FERPA, Student Confidentiality Agreement and the Student Privacy Requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Social Media
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to complete assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Must be available 15-20 hours per week with a semi regular schedule. Hybrid work arrangements are available.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva is a plus
- Experience with managing or updating websites or social media is also a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Teachers College is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community and to providing equal opportunity in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or gender expression), religion, creed, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend