Mechanic General (HVAC)
Job no: 511340
Position type: Staff
Location: New York
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades, Onsite
Union: Local 707 Teamsters
Job Summary/Basic Function:
HVAC Mechanic general is responsible for performing journeyman and semi- skilled duties in the Mechanic trades. General duties include repair, maintenance and operation of commercial building systems equipment included but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, boilers, refrigeration DX systems, air handling units, fan coil units, DDC electronic and pneumatic controls, hot water heating systems, eat exchangers, pumps, motors, air compressors, window units, pressure regulating valves, and insulate pipes as needed. Removal of excess piping, ducts, and or equipment as assigned.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot Chillers(Absorbers), Low Pressure Boilers, Air Handling Units, VAV boxes, dampers, linkages, switches, fans, Cooling Towers, Air Compressors, refrigerant DX systems and associated components, Hot Water Heaters, Pneumatic, electric, and electronic DDC controls and components, pumps, motors, heat exchangers, domestic water systems and other building mechanical systems.
- Perform water chemistry tests to open and closed water systems and boilers.
- Order materials required to replenish existing stock.
- Maintain, clean and paint mechanical areas as needed and insulate piping as needed.
Daily walk thru of HVAC systems.
- Start up or secure equipment according to weather conditions.
- Adjust temperature set points if necessary.
- Maintain records, logs, and required documentation to include but not limited to: boiler, chiller logs, water treatment records, HVAC
logs, work orders, Building Automation Systems.
- Five years of experience working in the mechanical trades with completion of training program in the mechanical trades; mechanical trade school, or equivalent military training.
- The candidate must possess the strength and agility to work around air handling equipment, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, pits, pumps and other pieces of large rotating equipment.
- The candidate must be able to climb ladders, as per OSHA guidelines up 25 feet, lift up to 50 pounds without accommodation and work in confined spaces as per OSHA guidelines, and around aforementioned rotating equipment.
FDNY Certificate of Qualification required for the following, low pressure boiler operator (P99), Operate and maintain Air Compressors (A35), Universal Recovery License as per 40 CFR, CFC's, FDNY Certificate of Fitness G60 Torch Use of Flammable Gases, F60 Fire Guard for Torch Operations and other certificates as required by authorities having jurisdiction to perform assigned duties and tasks.
$73,701.00 - $81,895.00
Equal Employment Opportunity
Teachers College is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community and to providing equal opportunity in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or gender expression), religion, creed, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend