Interim: Digital Learning Associate for Online Course Design and Development
Job no: 506104
Position type: Interim
Location: New York
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Administrative/Professional, Education/Instructional, Information Systems/Technology
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Digital Learning Associate assists in the planning, support, and implementation of digital learning projects sponsored by the Office of Digital Learning at Teachers College, Columbia University. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to the Digital Learning office’s mission to accelerate the development of degree, advanced certificate, and non-credit online programs at Teachers College.
We recognize that e-learning has become an important part of education for K-12, Higher Education, and lifelong learning and, therefore, work to support our faculty in expanding their teaching toolkits with new digital teaching strategies and techniques backed by research and informed by practice. Through our efforts we aim to expand the reach of Teachers College beyond its walls, and we look to our Digital Learning Associates to help us achieve these goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
In this role, the incumbent will be supporting the Office of Digital Learning team and the faculty and students we serve through the various phases of the instructional design, delivery, implementation, and review process including:
- Assisting with course site layout and editing using Canvas LMS
- Assisting with researching, identifying, and evaluating educational technologies appropriate for achieving specific instructional objectives
- Assisting with the creation of learning assets using course authoring tools, video, and other multimedia
Providing administrative support as needed
Skills and competencies:
The ideal candidate will have a passion for higher education and adult professional development along with an outstanding aptitude for teaching and learning new technologies. The candidate will also be able to communicate professionally and personably with any faculty, student or staff and demonstrate a high level of empathy and proactive problem-solving abilities. It is also essential that the candidate be able to work with minimal supervision, juggle multiple projects, and maintain a “can do” mindset even when facing daunting challenges.
Required Application Materials:
To be considered for this position, all candidates must submit a resume and short statement explaining your interest in digital learning. You must also provide a link to a digital portfolio of your work in website, course authoring, and/or multimedia design. As part of the interview process, candidates will also be tested for their technical abilities, resourcefulness, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of an LMS (Canvas preferred but not required)
- Some knowledge of instructional design models, learning theories, and/or multimedia design principles
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent writing skills and obsessive attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google apps
- Experience working at a higher education institution, educational organization, or a corporate training environment
- Working knowledge of e-learning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline)
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
- Working knowledge of video editing software (e.g. Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend