Grants and Contracts Assistant
Job no: 506101
Position type: Staff
Location: New York
The Community College Research Center (CCRC) at Teachers College, Columbia University studies community colleges because they provide critical access to postsecondary education and are uniquely positioned to promote equity and social mobility in the United States. Our mission is to conduct research that helps these institutions strengthen opportunities and improve outcomes for their students, particularly those from underserved populations.
CCRC is seeking a full-time Grants and Contracts Assistant to support all aspects of grant administration to support our mission. The successful candidate will join a highly skilled grants management team who support over 25 research professionals. The position may begin immediately. Please include a cover letter and resume.
- Manage CCRC tracking system for reporting deadlines and update project staff
- Maintain funder guidelines for all projects and keep staff informed
- Set up and update CCRC project budgets and track payment requests using CCRC and Teachers College (TC) systems
- Work with grant managers to reconcile monthly budget reports from TC with CCRC project spreadsheets
- Assist grant managers with the preparation of financial reports and invoices to funders
- Encumber funds for vendors according to proposals and project budgets
- Learn, master, and serve as a resource for TC vendor payment and staff reimbursement systems
- Submit payment requests, expense reimbursements, and budget transfers
- Act as liaison between Accounts Payable/Purchasing and CCRC.
- Develop and update staff procedural manuals and forms.
Proposal Budget Preparation and Funder Deadlines
- Develop draft proposals and related information for review by finance and research staff
- Assist grant managers with updating the proposal tracking system.
Contract Management and Administration
- Work with the finance team, TC General Counsel, TC Office of Sponsored Programs, TC Office of the Provost, and TC Purchasing Department to develop, execute, and maintain contracts, ensuring adherence with CCRC, TC, and grant/contract specifications
- Develop and maintain contract tracking database
- Associate’s degree in business, accounting or related field
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office – Word and Excel specifically
- Reliable, responsible, good judgment, highly organized, and willing to take initiative
- Able to work with precision, with strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and anticipate and meet strict deadlines
- Able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Experience in financial and/or grants administration
- Grants experience in non-profits or an academic institution
- Bachelor’s degree
For information about CCRC’s current research activities, mission and values, please visit ccrc.tc.columbia.edu. CCRC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our diversity is essential to our success, and we aim to cultivate a respectful and inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to do their best work.
CCRC at Teachers College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. CCRC does not discriminate, and all qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race; color; national origin; religion; creed; sex or gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression); sexual orientation; citizenship status; pregnancy; disability; age; military or veteran status; marital or partnership status; genetic information, genetic predisposition, or carrier status; prior unemployment status; consumer credit history; status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offenses, or stalking; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Legal work authorization is required.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend