Job no: 505577
Position type: Staff
Location: New York
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Other
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This is a part-time professional position in the Department of Mathematics, Science, and Technology. Areas of study within the Department include the Programs of Communication, Computing, and Learning Technologies Design (CMLTD), Mathematics Education, and Science Education. Twenty full-time faculty and approximately thirty visiting professors /adjunct /instructors teach more than 600 students enrolled in these programs. Department support staff, supervised by the Director of Academic Administration, includes a Department Secretary and three Academic Secretaries.
The MST Administrative Coordinator provides support for administration, faculty members, and graduate students enrolled in the department. S/he is supervised by the Director of Academic Administration and joins a team of five administrative staff members for the Department of Mathematics, Science, and Technology. There is great capacity to learn and grow in the professional area of academic administration in three primary areas: (1) Multimedia and digital projects, (2) Writing and social media communications, and (3) Event coordination and assistance. The ideal candidate will see the development of these skills as potentially important to their career growth and possible future career pathways.
Please apply with a current resume and a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for the job. We look forward to hearing from interested applicants.
- Writing/website communications: Coordinate, proofread, format, and publish MST Department news on an ongoing basis, as news warrants;
- Maintain and update Department/Program websites via the college's Content Management System T4;
- Develop and manage Department's multimedia, which includes recording, editing, and publishing the recordings on YouTube.com or Vimeo and subsequently linking them to the Department/Program websites;
- Update and maintain faculty profile sites on the College's Content Management System T4
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Academic Administration.
- Social media account management
- Event coordination
- Office administration tasks
- Work with a programmer, lecturer in online learning, and graphic designer on multimedia projects in support of the department
- Proofreading and writing of grant application sections, under the direction of Department professors;
- Assist with and attend Department’s supplementary events, such as colloquia, symposia, and conferences, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong knowledge of and interest in technology;
- Strong computer skills with desktop productivity applications such as Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with Google Suite Adobe Creative Cloud, Dreamweaver or similar web page editing package;
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, initiative and follow-through;
- Detail oriented;
- Loves to learn new things;
- Flexible and proficient at time management: ability to work with overlapping projects, deadlines, and demands;
- Communicates clearly and respectfully with all members of the Department and wider TC Community.
- Current TC doctoral student;
- Experience with video and web editing;
- Familiarity with the Department of Mathematics, Science and Technology.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend