Job no: 503996
Position type: Staff
Location: New York
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Administrative/Professional, Other
The Office of International Services has a FT opportunity for an Assistant Director. The person in this position will be primarily responsible for providing information and guidance to TC's international students regarding federal immigration regulations and procedures, TC resources, and personal/cultural matters. S/he serves as F-1 Designated School Official (DSO) and as Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) for J-1 students and scholars. In addition, the Assistant Director assists with development and implementation of services and programming for international students and the TC community.
- Maintain and update student and scholar records in the federal government SEVIS system using fsaATLAS for batch submissions to the SEVIS database.
- Ensure the College's continuing compliance with the SEVIS reporting requirements.
- Communicate SEVIS updates to other staff members involved in international student and scholar advising.
- Troubleshoot software problems at the campus and government levels.
- Master's degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience required, including one or more years of experience in computer technical support, database development and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal immigration regulations and procedures related to international students and scholars (F-1 and J-1).
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex student immigration issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and advise students from diverse cultures.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a busy student services office; excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals as well as independently.
- Substantial international living/working experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident in order to serve as a DSO/ARO according to federal regulations.
- Master's degree in field related to international/higher education preferred.
- Experience managing SEVIS records and preparing reports in a batch processing environment; experience with Banner and fsaATLAS software strongly desired; web maintenance and desktop publishing experience a plus.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend