Work Study at Morton Deutsch International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution
Job no: 503222
Position type: Student
Location: New York
Categories: Academic Advising/Support
The Morton Deutsch International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution (MD-ICCCR) is seeking a Work Study for the 2018-2019 school year.
This work-study position assists with clerical and general office duties in the MD-ICCCR. The MD-ICCCR is an innovative center committed to developing knowledge and practice to promote constructive conflict resolution, effective cooperation, and social justice. We partner with individuals, groups, organizations, and communities to learn to resolve conflicts constructively so they may develop just and peaceful relationships. Our work emphasizes the links between theory, research, and practice.
- Assist students and visitors in the center
- Data entry
- Photocopying, mailing, scanning
- Generating reports to track student feedback and registration levels for ICCCR courses
- Assist with course preparation and advertisement (fliers, Canvas, grade entry, rosters, etc., aggregate data from evaluations, etc.)
- Run errands
- Organize/ maintain the conference room and assist with general upkeep of the Center
- File and create documents
- Special projects as assigned
- 12-16 hours per week
- Must have been awarded federal work-study for the term in which a work-study position is being sought.
- Must be a student matriculated in a TC degree program.
- Interest in Conflict Resolution Studies (Having Completed the Basic Practicum is a Plus!).
- Eager to collaborate with Center staff.
- Must be available to work 12-16 hours per week during regular business hours.
- Must possess strong professional and organizational skills.
- Must be taking at least 6 credits (or equivalent, which includes full-time equivalent offerings - HBSK 6480, CCPJ 6480, CCPX 6480, or any 8900 course).
- Full-time TC employees are not eligible for this position.
- Must be able to abide by the Student Confidentiality Agreement and the Student Privacy Requirements.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Great follow-through and clear communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasks promptly and follow up when necessary.
- Flexibility with handling multiple tasks and/or ongoing projects.
- Experience interacting with students, clients and professors.
- Ability to organize and keep up the appearance of the office.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail.
Regular Work Hours: Schedule will be decided in consultation with supervisor.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend