Part Time Scholarship Coordinator
Job no: 501850
Position type: Staff
Location: New York
The Scholarship Coordinator will work directly with students and families to manage the day to day administration of the SYTE scholarship. The Coordinator will also collaborate with the Managing Director of Post-Secondary Support Services to implement activities and programs to support students’ transition to post-secondary institutions and to provide post-secondary support services to students and families.
- Coordinate chapter scholarship program.
- Assess student and family scholarship needs; process scholarship documents and forms; follow up with students and families as needed.
- Coordinate scholarship review meetings with the Chapter Director and Managing Director of Post-Secondary Support Services and follow-up with students and families.
- Collaborate with the Chapter Director to set scholarship policies and procedures.
- Maintain student and family data and records.
- Prepare scholarship budgets and monitor expenses.
- Provide direct college success student services to students and families.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director of Post-Secondary Support Services, plan, develop, and implement college success activities for students and families.
- Participate in SYTE meetings and professional development.
- Perform additional duties as needed which may require working evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience working in college access and college success capacity with first generation college students from NYC high schools and their families.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with college retention methods.
- Knowledge of and access to post-secondary education service providers and organizations.
- Demonstrated experience using data to inform determination and application of student supports.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to a diverse population of students and their families and experience implementing a strengths-based approach to working with students and families.
- Must embrace a positive youth development approach to working with students.
- Experience working with and supporting the needs of Special Education students.
- Experience accessing college access and success counseling networks and other service providers and organizations to meet the needs of students.
- Proficient in MS Office, experience with Naviance.
- Excellent communication, written, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be a team player and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment (able to take initiative and perform in a fast paced, fluid environment).
- Commitment to self-reflection and continuous improvement.
- Fluent in Spanish, both spoken and written
- Master’s degree
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend